Terms and conditions
Welcome to Trade Me Free WiFi - Wellington’s free waterfront WiFi service. Trade Me has worked closely with Wellington City Council to bring you this free service.
By using the service, you agree to these terms of service with Trade Me. If you do not agree to all of the terms, do not use the free WiFi service. We may change these terms from time to time. By continuing to use the service you agree to the amended terms.
These terms and conditions were last updated 21 October 2011.
Free WiFi service
- The Trade Me Free WiFi service is free of charge.
Service availability and security
- We’ll do our best, but we can’t guarantee that the service will always be available. In particular, a range of things can affect it such as radio interference, atmospheric conditions, network congestion, maintenance, outages on other networks or other operational or technical difficulties. Speeds will also vary. We may also suspend or cease provision of the service at any time.
- You should be aware that Trade Me Free WiFi is an open wireless network designed for ease of use. Wireless networks, by their nature, can be intercepted. We strongly recommend you use a personal firewall when connecting to the WiFi service and a VPN if you are connecting to your office.
- We are not liable to you or any other party for any lack of security that may result from your use of the service. Your device and any software you use in conjunction with it is your responsibility.
- We also can’t guarantee protection against viruses. We recommend that you use anti-virus software.
- We may restrict the service in various ways, including to certain protocols, such as HTTP, HTTPS and IMAPS.
- You may need to log in again periodically if you use the service for a sustained period of time, or if your session is inactive for a while.
- You agree not to use the service to do anything illegal, and you are responsible for any use of the service through your login.
- If you breach these terms, or if we consider it appropriate, including if your use of the service is unfairly affecting other users, we may block or restrict your use of the service.
- We will never sell your details. We will only release details of your use of the service if required to do so by law.
Liability and indemnity
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk and is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We make absolutely no promises, guarantees or warranties about the quality or availability of this service.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Trade Me disclaims and excludes all implied conditions or warranties. We exclude any liability of any kind arising from your connection to the service, or from any failure in the supply of the service.
- You agree to indemnify us against any legal action taken against us in connection with your use of the service.
- These terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.